Wednesday, February 13, 2008

In which she posts a million pictures

Well I've been out of it for a while, as we've just had a nasty cold sweep through our house. And before that I was helping my Mom throw a Super Fabulous Tea Party. And by "helping" I pretty much mean "making elaborate To-Do lists and then losing them".

For those of you who don't know my Mom; this woman knows how to party. She had trouble deciding on a theme, so she picked four of them. Unfortuantely, I was only able to get really good pictures in two of the rooms due to light constraints.

There was really dim lighting in the Moroccan room. She draped the whole room in lush fabrics and scattered pillows around the coffee table.

















In the dining room she set up a Traditional English Tea. She got out the good silver and fancy china and I actually got to use the soup tureen I got as a wedding gift!

(soup tureen not pictured)

Briah and I were stoked that there was an Asian themed room. Any excuse to wear a Kimono!


Yummy spring rolls in the Asian Tea Room:




















My favorite theme, however, was the Mad Hatter's Tea Party:









These streamers were made out of regular playing cards, paper doilies, and pictures from the original book that I found here, colored in, and mounted on cardstock.















She had the centerpiece done by a local florist:








Yes, the cupcakes say "Eat Me"








I guess I am posting all of this because when Mom asked for help with planning the decorations, I spent a lot of time scouring the Internet for ideas and really did not find much. Also this has really inspired me to start planning my own tea party sometime this spring. Though mine will probably be a lot more kid friendly!








No comments: